Saturday, May 31, 2014

What are you #reading?

I love books, and I grew up loving them. My dad used to tell me that he plans to open up a neighborhood library, to put all my books to good use. I still love books, and I continue to buy them, even if I actually do not have time to read them. I just love the idea that I have them on hand, when I do finally get time to read. 

The only time in the day when I actually get to read books is when I read them to my kids at bedtime. So, I thought I'd do a regular post on what we are reading now. I hope it inspires you to read to your kids, too. I speak from personal experience that the more you read to your children, the more you bring them into the fold of bookreaders. They will grow to love books too, and you would have given them the gift of the world!

As you can see, the princess stories will always make their way into our repertoire. I don't really try to discourage my girls from the princesses. What I do is introduce new genres to them... like Enid Blyton's The Magic Faraway tree, which is an adventure fantasy book.

As for me, I always make sure I have books on my ipad Kindle, for days when I suddenly have time. Here's what I am reading now.


What are you and your kids reading? I'd love to hear from you! Do post your recommendations here!

No comments:

Post a Comment